The Stamps scholarship programme is a collaboration between the University of Miami and Stamps Foundation. The aim of the programme is to ensure that the funds are provided for better education and to provide equal opportunities for learning to every capable international or national student.
The distinctive quality of the Stamps scholarships program is that it helps the students and promising future leaders pursue their higher studies in order to achieve their educational and life goals.
The Stamps Scholarship is a fully funded opportunity that covers all the tuition fees of successful scholars. The scholarship also provides accommodation, laptop and the cost of books and stationery.
About University of Miami
The University of Miami was chartered in 1925 by a group of citizens who felt an institution of higher learning was needed for the development of their young and growing community. The South Florida land boom was at its peak, resources appeared ample, optimism flowed, and expectations were high. Supporters of the institution believed that the community offered unique opportunities to develop inter-American studies, to further creative work in the arts and letters, and to conduct teaching and research programs in tropical studies.
University of Miami Stamps Scholarship
- Category Undergraduate
- Organisation University of Miami
- Country to study United States
- School to study University of Miami
- Course to study Not specified
- Application Deadline 1November 2023
Aim and Benefits of University of Miami Stamps Scholarship
A Stamps Scholarship beneficiary will receive the following benefits;
- Stamps Scholars receive a merit award equivalent to the full cost of attendance for four years of undergraduate study.
- The award includes;
- tTuition and fees,
- On-campus housing,
- A meal plan,
- University health insurance,
- A laptop allowance, and
- Access to a $12,000 enrichment fund, which may be used toward study abroad, undergraduate research, unpaid internships, and other educational pursuits. (Enrichment fund expenses are subject to prior approval by the Office of the Provost.)
- Additional benefits of the Stamps Scholarship include;
- Being part of the Stamps Scholars on-campus and national communities, funding to support academic and scientific research projects, cultural and leadership programs, study abroad, conventions and other regional conferences, and invitations to online events and networking opportunities.
Requirements for University of Miami Stamps Scholarship Qualification
The eligibility criteria of the Stamps Scholarship include;
- Candidate must apply to the University of Miami before the deadline
- Applicants are automatically considered for the Stamps Scholarship provided they apply before the deadline.
A Stamps Scholarship holder must;
- Complete a full-time undergraduate program of study with no fewer than 12 credit hours during each of the fall and spring semesters for a minimum of 24 credit hours per academic year.
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for the academic year must be maintained at the University of Miami, with the initial calculation at the end of the second semester of attendance.
- The award is subject to revision pending receipt of any grant, scholarship, or prepaid tuition and/or housing aid not anticipated at the time the award is made.
- Visit the Terms & Conditions page for more information.
Documents Required for Application
The documents required by the University of Miami for the Stamps Scholarship include;
- Letter of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- ACT/SAT Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
How to Apply
- All applications are done online via the university’s application portal.Selected semi-finalist candidates for the Stamps Scholarship are asked to write a short response to a pre-determined essay prompt.
- Finalists will be selected based on a review of candidates’ applications and supporting documents, including their responses to the pre-determined essay prompt, and notified of their status as finalists at the time of admission in late January.
- Finalists will be interviewed by the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation thereafter and Stamps Scholarship announcements will be made by early March.
For more details,visit OFFICIAL LINK & APPLY