JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Junior Expert in Digital for Development(f/m)
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The Junior Programme implemented by Enabel offers the opportunity for talented young people of various origin, gender and education backgrounds to contribute professionally to international solidarity projects. Through their experience they develop the competences to actively and sustainably engage in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Junior Programme aims to make them active and critical global citizens who are committed to the SDGs.
The Junior Experts work at least 1 and at most 2 years in a project of Enabel or of one of the Non-governmental Actors (NGA) that are affiliated with the Junior Programme.
The Programme Junior is open to youngsters with no or little professional experience and accepts only young people aged 30 at most at the last day of the publication of the job offers.
This function is open to persons with the Rwandan nationality. Women are warmheartedly encouraged to apply.
The government of Rwanda and its partners have invested significantly in developing national digital infrastructures such as the internet network and an e-government platform, however the digital transformation of various sectors has not yet been completed. This initiative will provide support to facilitate the improvement of education, health,
urbanization, agriculture and social protection services through increased availability, access and affordability of digital services for all, also for people living in the most vulnerable situations and in the most need (i.e. rural areas and people living in poverty).
Duty station: Kigali
Duration of the contract 1 year with possible extension depending on available funding
Expected starting date: February 2023
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and in close collaboration with various partners, the Junior Expert will co-develop several lifelong learning programmes to: (1) improve beneficiaries’ digital and professional skills; (2) positively impact economic prospects of the beneficiaries. (3) boost your own digital and communication skills as a key driver for your future employment.
In general, (s)he will:
- Identify gaps/issues and propose digital solutions to address them in 3 focal sectors (ICT, Social protection and Urbanization)
- Facilitate/coordinate the development of 2 digital solutions in 3 focal sectors
- Represent Enabel in sector digitalisation working group
- To share internally and externally knowledge and experience on digital solution implementation
- In consultation with the Junior Programme, take initiatives and/or respond to requests for global citizenship actions. and raise awareness of global citizenship among the Belgian population
- Organize the solution exploration activities together with other staff
- Provide innovative solutions to be implemented by the project
- Build capacity of Enabel staff through capacity building activities.
- Organize workshops or learning sessions (lunch) to share on digital for development and how to mainstream digitalisation in projects.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Qualification and experience
- Rwanda Citizen
- A Bachelor’s degree holder
- Minimum 6 months and maximum 2 years of professional experience in development of digital solutions.
- Proficient in Kinyarwanda and English. Working knowledge of French is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships,
- Analytical skills
- Ability to evaluate, explore and position digital opportunities as well as negotiate and arrange case for support
- Project management skills
- Highly organized, digital and tech savvy,
- Excellent communicator, with strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Experience with digital product delivery
- Experience with action research
- Highly self-motivated
- High attention to detail;
- Service-oriented, but selfless and supportive attitude;
- Advanced sense of creativity and initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Constructive and solution-oriented.
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Enabel job portal https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/ by clicking the job title, then “Apply Now” button. Please include detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages), a motivation letter, copy of required degree(s) and service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Submit the full file not later than 20th December 2022
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 05th December 2022
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda