TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research (TETFAIR) 2023 For Innovative Researchers & Academics: (Deadline 5 November, 2023)
TETFAIR is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND.
A unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions, Including the development and fabrication of prototypes.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our areas of focus, will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Process
About TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR)
TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) is an initiative of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund, in collaboration with Innov8 Hub. It is a year-long programme for Academics, Researchers, Technologists and Innovators from Government Tertiary Institutions across Nigeria, who have ideas/projects they want to translate into innovation, solution and enterprise.
TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research (TETFAIR)
- Type Entrepreneurs
- Organisation TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR)
- Country to study –
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline 5 November, 2023
Aim and Benefits of TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research (TETFAIR)
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
Requirements for TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research (TETFAIR) Qualification
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
November 5, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) on innov8hub.ng to applyFor more details, visit Official link