Security Manager at Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd: (Deadline 6 December 2023)
Recruitment for the position of Security Manager
Rwanda Medical Supply (RMS) Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure the quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country by building an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future needs and manage increasing complexity. In implementation, RMS collaborates with different stakeholders/partners including the government of Rwanda, development partners, manufacturers, local and international suppliers, etc…
RMS Ltd is looking for a competent Security manager to organize and oversee all its security operations. Security activities will be under his/her command while he/she develops and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. As security manager, one will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. He/she will need to have a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. He/she must also exhibit leadership skills.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The responsibility of the Security Manager includes the following but is not limited to:
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
- Plan security for special and high-risk events.
- Review security reports to ensure efficiency and quality of security operations.
- Develop budgets for security gadgets and security operations.
- Maintain security-related goods manufactured supplies and equipment as needed.
- Coordinate security in an organization with other public law enforcement, fire and other agencies.
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies affecting security operations
- Assist in emergency management and contingency planning.
- Arrange for or perform executive protection activities.
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Recommend security procedures for security call centers, operations centers, domains, asset classification systems, system acquisition, system development, system maintenance, access control, program models, or reporting tools.
- Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Analyze and evaluate security of head office, and branches to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of the facilities security processes.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishment.
- Supervise subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as security manager of public or private institution of not less than five years.
- Having worked for Security organizations at a management level, security industry or commensurate military or police experience.
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV, Biometric system)
- Experience of security planning and risk mitigation strategy,
- Experience in using firefighting equipment’s and tools
- Involvement in reporting and disaster, emergency response planning.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols, procedures and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of conducting investigation when required.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- Having capability of Liaison with other security agencies in the country
- Being Rwandan by nationality
- Having Bachelor’s Degree in risk or operation management, Security administration, Business Administration, or post-graduation diploma or Masters in any related field. Relevant certifications and training in security administration or safety will be an added advantage.
Job application procedure
All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd through the following email address: email@example.com
Interested candidates should send their application documents (in one PDF document) including Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephones.
Deadline for application: Wednesday , 6th December 2023 at 5.00 pm
- Only applications sent via the above e-mail shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted.
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.