Project Manager at Initiative Pour la Promotion de la Famille et du Genre (IPFG): (Deadline 8 December 2023)
Terms of references for recruiting project staff in the Nyungwe Agroforestry project
Initiative pour la Promotion de la Famille et du Genre (IPFG) is a women led organization established in 2002 and legally registered by the ministerial Order N0 17/11 of 31 January 2006 which was published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Rwanda O.G N0 10 bis of 15 May 2006. It is based in Gasaka Sector-Nyamagabe District- Southern Province. IPFG has a vision is to aspire a democratic society where both women and men are aware of their problems, complement one another and actively participate in the actions of the entire development. The mission of IPFG is to promote and reinforce complementarity between man and woman as well as their participation in the actions which aim to achieve social and economic development based on fairness. To achieve this mission, IPFG focuses its interventions across 3 main areas: i) agricultural production chains, climate change adaptation and mitigations; ii) youth and women empowerment (economic and leadership); and iii) citizen participation.
From January 2024, IPFG in partnership with Livelihoods funds is starting to implement “The Nyungwe Agroforestry Project”, a 20 years’ project aiming to make a positive impact on 13,000 hectares of farmland, involving 23,000 smallholder farmers across the eastern border of the Nyungwe National Park in Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru Districts. The Nyungwe Agroforestry Project wants to improve the resilience of the farmers through rehabilitation of ecosystem services and increasing their adaptation capacities to climate change. Specifically, the project will help implementing communities: To grow agroforestry trees for various advantage, promote and improve good agricultural practices (GAP), reduce soil erosion, avail forest products such as timber and fuelwood at farm level, to improve soil fertility; and to increase income opportunities within implementing communities.
In this regard, IPFG is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Project manager (1)
He/she will lead a team of field officers and be based in Nyamagabe District. They shall be passionate, motivated, and driven individuals with an assertive attitude and good command in Kinyarwanda and English Language.
Task and responsibilities
- To design work plans and follow up on them to ensure that they are implemented properly.
- To lead field teams and ensure field ethics are followed
- To recruit farmers according to project’ ramp up
- To motivate and drive the team towards a shared mission of the project.
- Support to organize trainings, meetings, workshops and other events for partners, and stakeholders in line with project implementation.
- To Train Field teams for effective implementation of project
- To communicate targets and operational procedures to field teams and project support staff
- To monitor project through field visits and use of Monitoring Information System (MIS)
- To report implementation status and project performance
- To ensure achievement of project targets within the specified timeframe e.g. trainings, quality seedling production within before onset of rainy season, land preparation and distribution of seedlings.
- To ensure achievement of project impacts to farmers by monitoring
- To ensure adherence to Organizational policies and safeguards of project staff
- To ensure proper documentation of project budget and expenditure
- Managing and implementing MOUs with different project stakeholders (ex. Tea cooperatives, farmers, RAB, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the M&E Officer, provide regular field reports and ensure monitoring and recording of progress against the project’s indicators.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of project staff.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Approve payments to Environmental Committees
- Reporting to Programme Manager
- Having a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Agroecology, Forestry, Agroforestry, Development Studies, Project Management or any related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects related to agro-ecology, forestry & Agroforestry, carbon sequestration, natural resources management and/or environment protection or other development projects.
- Good knowledge of good agricultural practices (GAP) falling in the context of Rwanda, specifically in regions around Nyungwe National Park (NAP)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of GIS and MIS tools will be a benefit
- A good level of report writing, networking, facilitation and communication skills;
- Possess energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and passion for good quality work benefiting communities and environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making
- Having a driving license, category A
- Submission of documents
The interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements should submit/send their application documents which must include the following information:
- Motivation letter of your interest in the above posts
- Updated CV/resume
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Driving license
- Certificates or any other documents that proves your experience
- Contact information for at least three professional references
- Copy of academic documents
Successful candidates will be expected to comply with country labor law and various organizational polices. IPFG is committed to gender equality and suitably qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit above mentioned documents in English to the following email: email@example.com (the email attachment should have the maximum size of 2 MB and should be a PDF file. Please quote the Job title in the subject. Candidates should submit their documents not later than the 8th December 2023, at 5.00 pm.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams
Done at Nyamagabe on 20/11/2023
Chairperson and Legal Representative /IPFG