Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholars Program 2024 for international students who are interested in studies in Canada.
Through its Scholarship, Fellowship, and Mentorship programs, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation focuses on the leadership development of successful Scholars.
About Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an independent and non-partisan charity established in 2001 as a living memorial to the former prime minister
- Type PhD
- Organisation Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline 1 December, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Scholars Program
The objective is to empower scholars to have meaningful impact in the world, equipping them with the skills to be leaders in their institutions and communities and instilling in them values crucial for Engaged Leaders, such as engagement with a plurality of perspectives, service to the community, audacity and innovation.
Requirements for Scholars Program Qualification
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) You must be registered or already accepted into or in year one or two (beginning year three in September 2024 or later) of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2027 or later.
2) Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada; (please refer to the FAQ for more details and read up on past scholarship recipients)
3) Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
4) Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
1 December, 2023
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the 2024 Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholars Program are to apply directly to the Foundation through the online application portal. Applicants will need to provide the following in order to complete their application:
- Demographic information on yourself.
- Essay Questions: Provide answers (200 to 400 words) to essay questions.
- Doctoral Projects and Themes.
- Language skills, Post-secondary Education, Achievements and Experience.
- Upload Transcripts.
For more details, visit OFFICIAL LINK