Light Project Assistant at Save the Children: (Deadline 21 June 2023)
Advert – Light Project Assistant
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The LIGHTS Project Assistant position is intended to provide a close follow up to the procurement, distribution, installation process, as well as the use of the Solar Energy program in Kamonyi and Ruhango. The LIGHTS Project Assistant is also expected to identify households that fulfil the criteria of the project’s selection to return or keep their children in schools, and to ensure the back to school process is seamless taking place. This role is also expected to work closely with the MEAL Team to collect baseline and endline data, in order to draft a narrative report at the end of the project.
Qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in education or Project Management, or any other related field
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in education, community engagement or related areas.
- Proficient in oral and written communication in English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong mobilization skills, and in social behavior change
- Familiarity with working with Local Leaders from village to District levels;
- Compliance with and promotion of all Save the Children global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle Blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety
- Strong interpersonal skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: Click Here
Deadline for receiving applications is 21st June 2023.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*