Programme Quality Manager at Oxfam International – Rwanda: (Deadline 23 November 2022)
PROGRAMME QUALITY MANAGER (INT9079)
Oxfam is a development, humanitarian and campaigning international confederation of 20 organizations that work in over 90 countries to find lasting solutions to poverty, inequality, and injustice. Oxfam was established in Rwanda in 1980s, although prior to that had funded the work within the country. We have been always inspired and driven by the potential that is inherent in all Rwandan people; the potential not only to survive tragic history but to thrive and achieve impressive growth and stability. Oxfam is not an implementing organization, rather it works through partners. In Rwanda, OXFAM vision is just Rwanda without poverty. Our mission is to ensure that women, youth and men enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development.
We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The overall objective of the Programme Quality Manager (PQM) role is to maintain a strong culture and practice of high quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact and advancing Oxfam work in fighting poverty and inequality. PQM will strengthen partners capacity and support in programme design and development of proposals for funding. S/he will working in collaboration with partner and support programme teams in ensuring social accountability.
What we are looking for a person who have;
- Passion for improving effectiveness of development programmes and demonstrating tangible outcomes for poor and vulnerable women and men
- Proven experience in leading on, or leading strategic thinking for quality programmes
- Senior level program advisory or management experience and understanding of program realities at country level.
- Proven experience in managing, advising, training coaching, and developing others on programme quality issues
- Effective negotiation abilities and informal leadership skills in a multi-stakeholder, network environment
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills (including budget management) and an ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervisio
- Good organisational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure
Competitive salary package
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile through this link https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/programme-quality-manager–int9079/18358/description/. Closing Date is on the 23rd November 2022.