Insurance Project Officer at Vision Fund Rwanda: (Deadline 12 December 2023)
28th November, 2023
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following position:
Insurance Project Officer
Reporting to Head of Operation
Work location: Head Office/Nyarutarama
Contract duration: 2 years
Role and responsibilities
- Hospicash product Development:
- Work with Insurance Business Development manager and Insurance Adviser to select and contract insurance provider
- Work with insurance provider to develop the enrolment and premium payment processes
- Work with insurance provider to develop an easy claim process
- Work with insurer to develop training material for field staff
- Train field staff on the product and processes
- Manage and lead the roll out of insurance sales training for staff:
- Work with the lead consultant to develop training material for staff training
- Mobilise and identify participants for the Training of Trainers session
- Work with the Lead consultant and Insurance
- Coordinate and monitor training for field staff
- Provide support to trainers that will be training field staff
- Ensure refresh trainings are conducted on regular basis
- Support the Insurance policies administration:
- Be a custodian of all policy documents and procedures
- Support all staff involved in insurance activities to ensure
- Proper recording of all underwriting documents needed and follow SLA/MoU/contract procedures
- Client’s claim recording with tracking tool to avoid delays in claims payment
- Proper recording of insurance premium amounts within core banking system
- MFI submits lists of all insured on time to insurers
- Ensure that claims are processed within SLA/MoU/contract procedures
- Ensure the commission is paid by insurance company to VisionFund
- Follow through all claims with insurers to ensure TAT adhered to for all products
- Ensure timely provision of risk notes and invoice by insurance companies
- Monitor the insurance product performance
- Continuously provide insights into ways which efficiencies needed within the business process can be made
- Monitor the product performance as per defined KPI
- Ensure good quality of service to customer:
- Assist to work with marketing team to prepare marketing communication of insurance products including videos to ensure they are well and effectively communicated in market.
- Coordinate with Branches/Point of sale to ensure proper underwriting information for their clientele is collected and filed appropriately
- Follow through to ensure proper clientele training is undertaken by Field staff
- Product continuous development support:
- Conduct marketing research to identify the product pricing and competitor’s analysis to ensure the MFI stays competitive in the market
- Insights into new and potential areas of new product markets.
- Lead annual products review and product development activities
- Insurance reports:
- Prepare day to day report on enrolment and claims
- Prepare monthly report on MFI’s insurance KPI and provide report to VFI, MFI management and insurance company.
- Prepare monthly report on insurance costs and revenue
- Report on social performance improvements through insurance benefits
- Support communication team, prepare client stories for feeding into VFI webpages
- Conduct the evaluation of the product and be pro-active in any improvement related to the product development and enhancement
- Coordinate with the focal person on Savings Group/FAST side.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and education requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in banking and finance or business management or related fields.
- At least 3-year experience in consumer banking, insurance or financial services industry.
- Prior digital banking service experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in insurance, analytical, quantitative, problem solving, communication (written and verbal), presentation, relationship management skills.
- Be proficient in English both speaking and writing.
- Be innovative, dynamic, and confident.
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment
How to apply
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to the following link https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Insurance-Project-Officer_R21680
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will not be considered.
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, send your updated application via the above mentioned Link by or before 12th December, 2023.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on: email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.