HR and Office Administrator at Land O’Lakes Venture37: (Deadline 15 September 2023)
HR and Office Administrator – Kigali, Rwanda
Closing date: September 15, 2023
This position will work will all the Land O’Lakes-implemented projects in Rwanda. Currently, this includes that USAID-funded Cooperative Development Program, Feed the Future Orora Wihaze, and TRASE.
USAID Cooperative Development works to advance cooperatives in Rwanda to improve the enabling environment, strengthen business capacity, and build resources to meet the evolving needs of the members of the cooperative businesses. The Venture37 team provides advice and technical assistance to apex organizations and then collaborates with the apex organizations to strengthen the business performance of primary cooperatives, enhancing self-reliance and business sustainability.
USAID Feed the Future Orora Wihaze targets transformation of poultry, fish, pig and goat value chains and cultivate local demand for animal source foods. Venture37 leads a consortium of four firms that operate as project team to deliver results using an innovative market systems development approach and aiming to empower micro, small and medium enterprises.
US Department of Agriculture TRASE project is expanding the trade of agricultural products domestically, regionally, and internationally in the East African Community, and has an expert advisor working in Rwanda.
The HR and Office Administrator is expected to provide support across different Land O’Lakes Venture37 project teams in-country as the liaison facilitating key functions towards achievement of an efficient country office.
This position supports all Venture37 project activities in Rwanda, coordinating the office facilities and human resource practices and policies, and supporting the leadership of the projects. The HR and Office Administrator is responsible for smooth and efficient office operations, administrative, and HR procedures.
The incumbent will also work closely and support the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure transparent and fair procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with USAID procurement and cost accounting.
The HR and Office Administrator supervises and schedules drivers and office cleaners (both staff and contractor).
- Coordinate in country/local hiring initiatives and onboarding of employees through staffing plan, job postings, selection process, background checks and communicating new hires to HQ HR
- Maintain a complete set of documentation for recruitment, employment, onboarding, and human resource management using the WorkDay system and hard files. Collaborate and communicate with the hiring manager, Venture37 HR management, and Chiefs of Party.
- Serve as point of contact for HQ HR and provide general HR, talent and performance support to program management and staff.
- Support in local employment packages with staff benefits providers including medical and other insurances and administer to staff.
- Systems/Workday support
- Serve as point of contact for V37 systems administration including new employee access to systems.
- In-country Workday support providing resources/training to employees and managers with hiring, talent and performance management and termination processes.
Office Admin, Logistic and Procurement Support
- Support in the management of Venture37 office facility and coordinate day-to-day office operations.
- Work and collaborate with technical managers and other project staff to (i) define specifications and requirements for machinery, equipment, and consultancy or other specialized services and (ii) to identify potential qualified suppliers and service providers.
- Prepare procurement authorization forms, secures signatures, prepares and issues requests for quotations, analyzes bids, and assists with negotiations with suppliers, service providers, and consultants.
- Prepare documentation to facilitate vendor and consultant selection decisions by project staff and managers, using standardized templates and following approval authority levels.
- Maintain a complete set of documentation for all procurements of good and services and contracting of individual consultants, submitting the supporting documentation to award purchase orders, authorize contracts and agreements, and secure vendor payments. Use the standard templates and collaborate and communicate with the Venture37 project management team.
- Coordinate and facilitate travel and logistics for staff and consultants and assist with planning, organizing, and implementation of logistics for project events and meetings.
- Utilize MS Sharepoint, a collaboration and document sharing software (DevLink), a knowledge management system, to upload and retain key documents.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Venture37 Finance and Administration Manager.
- The position supervises the Venture37 office cleaner, project drivers, and other out-sourced contractor personnel.
- College or certification in management, Human Resource, Business Administration or other relevant business field
- Minimum of 4 years relevant and demonstrated work experience in an HR and Office administrative role.
- Strong understanding and dedication to strict confidentiality
- High level of competency and knowledge of MS Office software applications and examples of using technology to create efficiency and share information.
- Good understanding of competitive procurement practices.
- Must demonstrate unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on planning and attention to detail
- Confidence and excellent skills in written and verbal communication.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in an international development organization.
- Previous experience with a donor funded project.