Field Manager at IPA Rwanda: (Deadline 13 April 2023)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Field Manager_ Internal recruitment
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 13th April 2023, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Length of Commitment: 3 -months renewable
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Reports to: Research Associate
Application materials: All applicants must complete and submit their resume and cover letter to the address indicated below.
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development project
The Field Manager will lead project field activities and manage a team of field enumerators to collect project related data. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and enthusiastic about managing field research projects. The Field Manager will work closely with academic researchers, partners, and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks which may include but not be limited to
- Hiring, training, and managing the field teams that will conduct the data collection,
- Ensuring that all IPA data quality protocols are followed,
- Creating detailed Field Plans describing team schedules and market to visit,
- Managing field logistics and adapting Field Plan to changing conditions as necessary,
- Assisting in procuring products and getting approvals from local authorities,
- Supporting data collection and monitoring data quality, completing high-quality data checks on a daily basis
- Assisting in piloting and translation of questionnaires,
- Establishing editing and tracking systems
- Making daily updates to a field logbook to track activities and data questions,
- Providing relevant inputs on local context and assist research staff in coordinating relationships with local officials
- Maintaining a database of surveyors and other useful data collection contacts and resources
- Supporting project implementation and training for this as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Statistics etc.
- At least one year of field management experience in field-based data collection
- Experience conducting social science or economic field research. Background in randomized control trials is preferred.
- Strong Excel skills
- Be physically apt for long travel and out of Kigali based field work.
- Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of Survey CTO a plus.
- Experience in the conduct of training of enumerators/field staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda desired
Language: English and Kinyarwanda fluency is required; further language skills are an asset
All candidates must have the legal right to work in Rwanda, this position will be based in the IPA Rwanda office in Kigali.
How to apply
Applications (CVs and motivation statements) must be emailed to https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/iparw_fm__job_application_form_ no later than 5pm Rwanda time on 13th April 2023, applications received after this time will not be considered. All applications must list ‘Field Manager’ in the title and list applicant’s gross salary expectations. Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be notified.