Canadian University Dubai 2024 Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students: (Deadline 20 December, 2023)
At Canadian University Dubai, we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing a quality, Canadian education for all. We understand the importance of difference and diversity, and we do not want financial limitations or special needs to get in the way of your enrollment. To alleviate some of this concern and to reward high academic achievers, CUD offers the following scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
Undergraduate and Graduate
Important Notes: Please note that the number of scholarships awarded is limited. You must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category for your application to be considered by the scholarship committee. The amount to be awarded depends on the financial need and/or academic qualifications of the applicant.
About Canadian University Dubai
The Canadian University Dubai, popularly known as CUD, is a private university of higher education in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, founded in 2006. The Canadian University Dubai offers education based on the Canadian curriculum. The university was originally known as Centennial University of Dubai. This title was changed to Canadian University Dubai once it became an independent Canadian institution. The university maintains its ties with the original Ontario-based university, offering students transfer programs after their second year… read more…
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation Canadian University Dubai
- Country to study United Arab Emirates
- School to study Canadian University Dubai
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline 20 December, 2023
Requirements for Undergraduate Scholarships Qualification
- Scholarships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements.
- Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester. For financial hardship and special needs scholarships, the number of academic courses students must enroll in will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although, where possible, a minimum of four academic courses is recommended. Please note that scholarships can be granted for credit-bearing courses only.
- Students must maintain the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship. For special needs scholarships, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Students can apply in successive years, but scholarships are only valid for two successive semesters, i.e. Fall and Spring. Scholarships are not valid for Summer semesters.
- Scholarships are only valid for current tuition fees.
- You can apply for more than one scholarship, provided you meet the eligibility requirements. If a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship or discount, the student will be given the chance to choose the benefit with the highest value.
- All remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid promptly to receive and maintain your scholarship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Undergraduate Scholarships
50% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of 99%* or above to apply for a 50% tuition waiver.
For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be 3.98 or higher to continue receiving a 50% tuition waiver.
40% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 95 – 98.9%* to apply for a 40% tuition waiver.
For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.95 – 3.97 to continue receiving a 40% tuition waiver.
30% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 90 – 94.9%* to apply for a 30% tuition waiver.
For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.9 – 3.94 to continue receiving a 30% tuition waiver.
20% TUITION WAIVER: High school students need to have attained an academic average of between 85 – 89.9%* to apply for a 20% tuition waiver.
For current CUD students renewing their scholarship, the semester CGPA after the semester must be between 3.85 – 3.89 to continue receiving a 20% tuition waiver.
10% TUITION WAIVER (RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY): High school students who were granted an automatic 20% tuition waiver for their first semester at CUD and have maintained a 3.8 – 3.84 CGPA, may be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver on the subsequent semester.
The Guiding Principles for Canadian University Dubai scholarships (See in Scholarship Webpage Link below) must be met.
20 December, 2023
How to Apply
- The scholarship committee will not consider late or incomplete scholarship applications.
- Applicants must email their scholarship application forms (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs), along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections on the different scholarship types) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, visit Official link & Apply