IT Coordinator at Save the Children: (Deadline 4 November 2022)
Advert – IT Coordinator
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The IT Coordinator will oversee all IT operations management, Technology for Development (T4D), Business Solutions automation, and IT Information security across all save the children Offices under Rwanda Country Office to ensure high delivery of IT services that enable efficient and effective delivery of programs. This will include responding to IT-related business needs, supporting and coaching Field Offices IT staff, overseeing IT projects’ implementation, and acting as senior management’s in-country lead IT advisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Advanced Information Technology Diploma from a reputable institution
- Minimum 5 years experience across a multicultural ICT environment.
- Familiar with all day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organization, with specific areas of the role involving: day-to-day administration of Windows and MS Office Products, LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Windows-based network (LAN) and servers; good working knowledge of 0365, Azure AD, and antivirus (Endpoint)software deployment to workstations and servers, etc.
- Experience in implementing Technology and innovation in programs (Technology for Development)
- Good communication skills and a strong positive attitude toward learning
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in an INGO is an advantage but not a requirement
- Ability and experience in training end users or staff
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 4th November 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
- Disclaimer:Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process