Masaka Creamery’s mission is to delight our customers by producing beloved products, with uncompromising devotion to our values. We manufacture high-quality dairy products under the Masaka Farms label from our headquarters located in the Kigali Special Economic Zone. Masaka Creamery actively recruits from the Deaf community in Rwanda, and currently boasts a production team that is 100% Deaf. We are a values-driven organization working diligently toward our vision of being admired in Rwanda and beyond for exemplary culture, quality and inclusion.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated Quality Control Technician to become a vital leader at Masaka Creamery. As Quality Control Technician, you will ensure that all processes meet a set of consistent standards that ultimately guarantee the quality of our products. You will work independently of the production team to ensure that quality and safety are not compromised.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The main objective and responsibility of the position is to: (1) routinely ensure that all products adhere to all food safety standards and internal quality standards (2) ensure compliance with all food safety standards and regulatory authorities in Rwanda.
Supporting activities toward this end include, but are not limited to those below;
- Performing regular in-process and finished products inspections.
- Prepare documentation of the inspection process, which includes detailed reports and performance records including issues and possible Corrections and Corrective actions.
- Communicating with other team members to solve problems.
- Monitor production operations to ensure conformance to company specifications.
- Following up with the appropriate channels when mistakes are found.
- Training other team members on all inspection processes.
- Create quality measurements to track improvement in products.
- Execute quality improvement testing and activities.
- Ensure products and packaging meet customer, regulatory and legislative expectations.
- Work closely with the development team to improve existing products or develop new products.
- Maintain standards for reliability and performance of production
- Recommend improvement measures to the production process to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Guide the production team about the quality control issues to enhance the quality of the product.
- Perform root cause analysis for all quality and safety incidents and propose effective and practical solutions to the management team.
Candidates should also review other job descriptions for Quality Control Technician available online to understand the full breadth of responsibilities for a professional of this type.
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of quality control standards in Rwanda including FDA, SMARK, and HACCP Standards as well as other industry specifications
- Bachelors (required) in relevant field.
- 1-2 years or more of relevant quality control experience
20 total views, 1 views today