THE MasterCard Foundation-MCF-UGB 2022 Scholarship Program Undergraduate: (Deadline 31 October 2022)
The University of Berger University, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, is offering scholarships to high potential graduates (including girls, people with disabilities, and displaced persons or refugees) who wish to pursue careers in digital, agricultural, health, or engineering fields. The programme also looks to providing recipients with training in non-technical fields and provide them with a comprehensive package of support services to transform them into committed leaders who will have the knowledge and expertise to support the industrial and socio-economic development of Africa and Senegal.
About MasterCard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life..
MCF-UGB Scholarship Program
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation MasterCard Foundation
- Country to study Senegal
- School to study Berger University
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline October 31, 2022
Aim and Benefits of MCF-UGB Scholarship Program
- Monthly allowance of 60,000 FCFA throughout the duration of his training;
- Health insurance to cover medical and hospitalization costs;
- Tuition and training fees;
- Registration fees and the remuneration of the tutors who will accompany the scholarship recipients throughout the duration of their training;
- School supplies such as a laptop and a lump sum of 300,000 FCFA/year for the purchase of teaching materials;
- A monthly subsidy of 25,000 FCFA for transport between the scholarship recipients place of residence and the UGB;
- Travel documents for travel between their country of origin and Senegal.
Requirements for MCF-UGB Scholarship Program Qualification
- Be from a disadvantaged background family, a person with a disability or a refugee/foreigner and be able to prove it;
- Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills (substantiated by positions of responsibility held during their academic career or involvement in extracurricular associations or by edifying personal experiences;
- Not be a recipient of any other scholarship programme in any capacity;
- Show good academic performance.
Documents Required for Application
- Letter of motivation addressed to the Rector of the UGB with the subject line “Application for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Programme at the UGB”;
- Copy of the National Identity Card or first page of the passport or certificate of identity;
- Two (2) passport photos with the applicant’s name written on the back in capital letters (Do not attach photos to the form, submit in an envelope);
- Certified copy of birth certificate;
- Certified copy of diploma/National Senior Certificate;
- Certified copy of academic transcript/Final Matric results;
- Copy of death certificate(s) of the biological parents (if applicable);
- Certified copy of parent’s salary slips for the last 3 months OR certificate of non-employment from parents who have no income;
- Certificate of disability issued by the competent authorities for persons with disabilities OR a copy of the equal opportunity card;
- Certificate OR refugee card for refugees;
- Precise indication of the physical address of the parents or tutor.
October 31, 2022
How to Apply
Download, print and complete the application form with all supported documents.
Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail to the address below;
The Scholarships Department, 52 rue Saint-Michel (ex Dr. Thèze), 1st floor, opposite Immeuble La Rotonde – Dakar – SENEGAL OR
The Rectorate of Gaston Berger University in Saint-Louis or at the UGB branch in Dakar, Sacré-Coeur Pyrotechnie, lot 138, Tel: 33 864 11 65.
If you have further inquiries or need assistance with the application process, please contact MCF – UGB via email: email@example.com
For more details, visit Mastercard Foundation website.