HR Associate (Performance, Culture and Capability) at World Food Programme (WFP): (Deadline 17 January 2023)
Career Opportunities: HR Associate (Performance, Culture & Capability)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ) and report to a more senior HR Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They support the collation, maintenance, analysis and reporting of information to maximize the effectiveness of HR services.
To support the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer for Learning & development, the HR Associate will:
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Other as required.
This position will play a key role under Performance management and drive organizational culture transformation and Capability within Rwanda Country Office.
- Support by ensuring performance of all staff are well managed, analyses performance management outputs to help develop and implement performance improvement and capacity building plans.
- Responsible for managing, updating and tracking data analytics in relation to Performance and Culture for quality reports to help make informed decisions
- Support with establishment of people performance best practice and practical experiences.
- Provide support to all staff by encouraging use of organizational tools to inculcate a culture of feedback across the organization.
- Responsible for supporting line managers on performance management of their teams.
Culture and Engagement
- Lead the teams in Internalizing living & embedding the WFP inspirational Values and People Policy.
- Develop and implement an engagement roadmap incorporating creative initiatives to promote values of team cohesion, enhance cross functional team working, open 2-way communication and feedback.
- Support employee engagement improvement efforts and conduct periodic benchmarking
- Support Regional Office Workplace culture committee to drive culture change.
- Conduct Learning needs analysis to identify the needs and build the training strategy
- Design the training strategy and annual training calendar for the programme
- Act as Trainer or Facilitator for in-house seminars, workshops and build the strong relations with training providers
- Design of effective tools and process to measure and evaluate the training impact to performance improvement.
- Monitor and maintain the training database to ensure that the implementation of training knowledge is implemented.
- Design a succession planning strategy for key national positions.
- Support with career dial sessions to support WFP National staff growth and development.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: First University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Six years of progressive experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques, and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Basic analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports, and draw initial conclusions in support of work carried out by another officer; skills in developing sources for data collection.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems
Languages: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: HR Associate (Performance, Culture & Capability), SC6
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract, SC6
UNIT/DIVISION: Human Resources
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Kigali, Rwanda
DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting applications is on 17 January 2023 at 23:59CAT
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.