Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2023: (Deadline 30 April 2023)
We are open for entries from 1 February 2023 to midnight on 30 April 2023. Judging will take place throughout those months and for the month of May 2023, and the winners will be announced by the end of May or early June 2023.
Entries will compete for the following coveted titles:
- The overall winner – 2023 Photographer of the Year
- The first runner-up;
- The second runner-up; and
- The highly commended finalists.
Entries must encompass the Celebration of Africa!
About Africa Geographic
We create life-changing safaris just for you. We’re a passionate bunch of experienced safari-goers keen to share our deep understanding of this addictive continent we call home. We live here, in Africa, and have been doing this for more than 24 years. Travel in Africa is about knowing when and where to go, and with whom. A few weeks too early / late or a few kilometres off course and you could miss the greatest show on Earth. And wouldn’t that be a pity?…
Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year
- Category Contest
- Organisation Africa Geographic
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- Application Deadline April 30, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year
For more information about our fabulous prize go to our dedicated PRIZE page.
Requirements for Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year Qualification
Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year
The selection process administered by the judges will be as follows:
• The ‘Weekly Selection’ will be the top entries submitted via our website and Instagram page. This selection will be published at the end of each week on our website as a gallery and in an album on Facebook;
• During the month of May 2023, once the submission deadline has come and gone, the judges will judge all accumulated entries from the Weekly Selections, gradually reducing the number of qualifiers to a list of ‘Finalists’, from which the winners will be selected and announced in late May or early June 2023;
April 30, 2023
How to Apply
- Only entries that are of African wildlife, landscapes, and/or culture will be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted from Tuesday, 1 February 2023 until midnight (CAT) on Saturday, 30 April 2023.
- Entrants must submit photos either via the online entry form or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- By entering the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year 2023 participants confirm that they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.