3 Job Positions of Senior Lecturer School of Engineering- CST Under Statute at UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA: (Deadline 5 September 2023)
A. POST: Senior Lecturer or Lecturer
B. POSITION LEVEL :H/2.III for a Senior Lecture or 3.III for a Lecturer
C. NUMBER OF THE POSITIONS: 3
Prepare subjects to be taught as presented in modules
Teach subjects in his area of specialization
Evaluate students through continual assessment tests and examinations
Assist in the development of the new curriculum and review
Participate in continuous professional development
Development of teaching and learning materials and publication of textbooks
2. Research & innovation
Prepare research proposals in line with his/her area of specialization and institutional thematic areas
Attract internal and external funding for research
Conduct research activities aiming at solving community problems
Publish research results at national, regional and international levels
Supervise/co-supervise PhD and Masters students and Postdoctoral fellows
Disseminate research findings to relevant stakeholders
Elaborate research-based policy briefs for policy makers
Transfer knowledge to business and the community.
Involvement in organizing national scientific conferences and workshops
Conduct consultancy activities in his/her area of specialization
Compete successfully for income generating consultancies and grants.
E. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Showing a proof of publication in recognized peer reviewed journals (at least 2 publication points for the position of Lecturer or at least 5 publication points for the position of Senior Lecturer)
2. Having proof of teaching experience from a recognized institution of higher learning (at least 3 years of teaching experience for the position of Senior Lecturer). For the position of Lecturer, teaching experience is not required however it is an added value.
3. Having supervised at least 2 Masters students for a position of Senior Lecturer.
4. Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education is an added value.
5. Being currently involved in different collaborative research projects related to this position with proof is an advantage.
6. Being a Principal Investigator (PI) or Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) with a proof for a given research project in Transporting Engineering or related fields is an advantage
F. SPECIFICATIONS ON REQUIRED QUALIFICATION.
PhD in Civil Engineering with specialization in:
Transporting Engineering or related fields (1),
Port and harbor Engineering (1)
Surveying and Geomatics, Geotechnical Engineering, or related (1),
Competency and Key Technical Skills