3 Job Positions of Senior Lecturer Procurement, Logistics and transport Department- GIKONDO Campus Under Statute at UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA: (Deadline 5 September 2023)
A. POST: Senior Lecturer or Lecturer or Assistant Lecturer in Procurement, Logistics and Transport Department CBE
B. POSITION LEVEL :H/2.III for a Senior Lecture or 3.III for a Lecturer or 4.III for an Assistant Lecturer
C. NUMBER OF THE POSITIONS: 3
Prepare subjects to be taught as presented in modules
Teach subjects in his area of specialization
Evaluate students through continual assessment tests and examinations
Assist in the development of the new curriculum and review
Participate in continuous professional development
Development of teaching and learning materials and publication of textbooks
2. Research & innovation
Prepare research proposals in line with his/her area of specialization and institutional thematic areas
Attract internal and external funding for research
Conduct research activities aiming at solving community problems
Publish research results at national, regional and international levels
Supervise/co-supervise PhD and Masters students and Postdoctoral fellows
Disseminate research findings to relevant stakeholders
Elaborate research-based policy briefs for policy makers
Transfer knowledge to business and the community.
Involvement in organizing national scientific conferences and workshops
Conduct consultancy activities in his/her area of specialization
Compete successfully for income generating consultancies and grants.
D. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
PhD degree for Senior Lecturer and Lecturer or Master’s degree for an Assistant Lecture in:
1. Urban Transportation Management
2. Rural Transportation Management
3. Road Transport Management
4. Air Transport Management
5. Water Transport Management
6. Railway Transport Management
7. Ropeways Management
8. Pipelines Management
E. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Showing a proof of publication in recognized peer reviewed journals (at least 1 publication points for the position of Assistant Lecturer or at least 2 publication points for the position of Lecturer or at least 5 publication points for the position of Senior Lecturer). For the position of Lecturer, teaching experience is not required however it is an added value.
2. Having proof of teaching experience from a recognized institution of higher learning (at least 3 years of teaching experience for a Senior Lecturer). For the position of Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer, teaching experience is not required however it is an added value.
3. Having supervised at least 3 Master’s dissertations for a Senior Lecturer
5. Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education is an added value.
6. Being currently involved in different collaborative research projects related to this position with proof is an advantage.
7. Being a Principal Investigator (PI) or Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) with a proof for a given research project in Transportation Management or related fields is an advantage
8. Ready to pursue doctoral studie
s in the chosen area of specialization with guidance from line supervisor(s) no later than 2 years after appointment to this position (for the position of assistant lecturer).
Competency and Key Technical Skills
Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
Commitment to continuous learning
Digital literacy skills